His Oak Ribbed Socks
- Yarn: Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Socka
- Olive Twist
- Needles: US Size 1 47″ circular
- Pattern: Oak Ribbed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
- New Skills: Upsizing a women’s sock pattern for my guy
- Mods: Added two repeats to the pattern (cast-on 77 st. instead of 66), calculated percentages to get heel placement & construction correct.
I enjoyed this pattern. The wide ribbing is simple but interesting, and the vintage French Heel and round toe make a nice addition to my sock construction skills.
Her Stripey Spring Socks
- Yarn: Ladybug Fiber Superwash 75/25 Merino/Nylon Sock Yarn
- Needles: US Size 1 47″ circular (Chiagoo Red Lace)
- Pattern: Lala’s Afterthought Heel Sock + Lynn Hershberger’s Crystal Heel
- New Skills: Afterthought heels
- Mods: Used the Crystal Heel, instead of a standard afterthought heel
These were a lot of fun, standard vanilla socks + lovely striping yarn + anatomically correct heel = awesome!
And because my toddler now insists on picture of her socks whenever I go out to take pictures -
Her toddler socks (store-bought). She has also asked me to make a pair of socks for her, so expect those soon.